Shrimp Stuffed Tomatoes
|Firm tomatoes||6 Large|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined, and chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cut the tomatoes crosswise, ½ inch from the stem end.
2) Scoop out the pulp and reserve it.
3) Preheat the oven at 375°F.
4) Oil a baking tray.
5) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onions for 5 minutes.
6) Add the tomato pulp and simmer for 5 minutes.
7) Stir in the shrimps, salt and pepper into the mixture, simmer for 5 minutes.
8) Mix in the breadcrumbs and cream.
9) Stuff the tomatoes and cover with the tops.
10) Arrange on the oiled baking tray.
11) Bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
12) Serve on a round of buttered toast.