Turkey and Shrimp Kabobs with Tomatoes
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||8 Ounce|
|Shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , minced|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded,and chopped|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Cut the turkey into one inch cubes
2. Place the turkey in a bowl, with the shrimp and the lemon juice and cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
3. In a large frying pan, place the parsley, garlic, peppers, shallots, oil, pepper flakes, and basil.
4. SautÃ© this mixture over medium heat for five minutes till completely cooked.
5. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cover and cook for ten minutes more
6. Thread the turkey and the shrimp onto the skewers in alternating arrangements
7. Broil the skewers four inches from the heat until cooked through. This should take about three minutes per side.
8. Serve warm with rice and cooked tomatoes.
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.1 mg30.4%
Sodium 135.2 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 60.9%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet