Shrimp Pilau With Yogurt
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yoghurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched, ground|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2) In a pan, cook the rice in 4 cups salted water for 12 minutes; drain and reserve 3/4 cup water.
3) In a mixing bowl, toss the onions, salt, pepper, yoghurt, and shrimp together.
4) In a skillet, saute the mixture in the butter over a high heat for 2 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
5) Stir in the almonds, coriander and reserved rice water, cook covered for 2 minutes.
6) In a buttered casserole, spread half the rice and spoon the shrimp in the center, reserve the sauce.
7) Cover with rest of the rice, pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.