Freeze Dried Tofu And Shrimp
|Freeze dried tofu pieces||3 Ounce (Koya-Dofu Or Kori-Dofu, 85 Gram Total, 4 Pieces)|
|Shrimp||11 Ounce (315 Gram)|
|Okra/Green beans||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Secondary bonito stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Secondary bonito stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak freeze-dried tofu in warm water until soft (1-2 hours). Weigh down with plate or drop-lid so that tofu is entirely immersed. When soft, rinse in cold water and squeeze out excess water by pressing tofu between palms. Repeat until water no longer comes out milky. Tofu should be spongy. Cut in half crosswise.
2. Prepare 3 cups bonito stock.
3. Shell and devein shrimp. Roughly chop. Add shrimp and INGREDIENTS A to food processor and whir until smooth paste is formed.
4. Combine INGREDIENTS B and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to simmer. With moistened tablespoon, drop rounded spoonfuls of shrimp paste into simmering liquid. There should be at least 8 portions. Cook over low heat, rotating shrimp "quenelles" occasionally to cook on all sides. When quenelles float to the top, rotate them. (They will sink slightly.) When they no longer sink when rotated, they are done (2-3 minutes). Remove quenelles from pan and set aside.
5. Raise to medium heat, add INGREDIENTS C to simmering broth, and bring to a boil. Add tofu and cover with drop-lid and pan lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is nearly absorbed. Remove from heat.
6. Rub okra with salted cloth to remove rough surface (or trim green beans). Lightly cook okra (or green beans) in boiling water until tender-crisp. Drain. Sprinkle with salt and dash mirin.
7. Arrange tofu, shrimp, and vegetable on plate and serve hot or at room temperature.