Fish Mussels And Shrimp With Rice
|Monkfish fillet||3⁄4 Pound|
|Haddock fillet||3⁄4 Pound (Blackfish /Red Pound Snapper)|
|Mussels in shells||18|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fish stock||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Cooked peeled shrimp||12 Medium|
|Cooked shrimp||6 (In Shells, To Garnish)|
1. Cut both white fish into 2-inch pieces and put to one side.
2. Scrub the mussels, place them in a skillet over medium heat, cover and shake the pan gently until the mussels open.
3. Reserve 6 in their shells for garnishing.
4. Discard the shells of the rest.
5. Place the mussels in a small bowl, and strain their liquid into a second bowl (to remove any sand).
6. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole suitable for serving.
7. Add the onion and garlic, and stir until soft and golden.
8. Add the fish, and turn them over in the oil until stiffened.
9. Add the paprika and rice, and stir gently to moisten all the rice with oil.
10. Cook for 1 minute.
11. Pour in the fish stock, and add the mussel liquid and bayleaf.
12. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed and the rice is tender. About 5 minutes before you reckon the rice is ready, stir the shelled mussels and shrimp into the rice. Place the mussels and shrimp for garnishing on top of the rice. Cover, and complete the cooking. Serve from the dish.