Fusilli With Pepper And Shrimp
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Yellow bell pepper/Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, seeded and thinly sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped canned italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, seeded and chopped|
|Dry vermouth||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried||1 Tablespoon|
|Shelled deveined small shrimp||5 Ounce|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Ounce, lightly toasted (Pignolias)|
|Half-and-half||2 Tablespoon, blend of milk and cream|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked fusilli/Similar macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use Hot)|
1) In a 9 or 10-inch skillet, saute the onion and garlic in a mixture of oil and margarine over a medium heat for 1 minute.
2) Stir in the bell pepper and mushrooms, saute over a low heat for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, vermouth and basil, stir occasionally and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Stir in the shrimp and pangolins, then cook over a medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the shrimp turns pink.
5) Turn of the heat, stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
6) Add the fusilli into the mixture and toss well to thoroughly coat with the sauce.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.