Thin Pasta with Shrimp, Red Peppers and Pine Nuts
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shallots/Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Medium shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Pepper red||To Taste|
|Red pepper||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Fresh basil/1/2 teaspoon dried basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Fresh oregano/1/2 teaspoon dried oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine 8 to 10 minutes until al dente.
2. To prepare the sauce, in a small saucepan, bring wine and shallots to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, gradually whisk in butter, set aside and keep warm.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat cook shrimp, red pepper strips, garlic and pine nuts just until shrimp turns pink, about 2 minutes.
5. Toss drained pasta with shrimp mixture and wine sauce and serve.
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.2 mg48.7%
Sodium 122.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 63.9%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet