|Shrimp in shell||16 , uncooked, deveined (Jumbo, Ask For Easy-Peels At The Seafood Counter, Or Devein With Small Sharp Knife)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Brushing)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemons||2 , halved|
1. Preheat griddle or grill pan over high heat.
2. Slicing almost through lengthwise butterfly shrimp leaving shell on—this will help the shrimp to remain tender while grilling over such high heat.
3. Brushing shrimp with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill 2 minutes on each side, such that shells are hot pink and shrimp is white.
4. On grill place lemons cut-side down at the last minute.
5. The heat releases the juice from the lemons.
6. Serve as desired.
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.2 mg29.7%
Sodium 142.4 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet