Buttery Shrimp And Eggplant Kabobs
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped and melted|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Large shrimp||7 Ounce, shelled and deveined|
|Eggplant||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slices halved|
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl of stainless steel or glass and mix all the ingredients thoroughly by stirring except the eggplants and shrimps.
2) Add the shrimps and eggplants and stir them in to coat them properly.
3) Place lid and refrigerate the mixture for an hour or the entire night.
4) Pre-heat the gas grill or barbeque by setting it on high for 10 minutes.
5) Take two bamboo skewers 12 inches long or 4 of them, 6 inches in length .
6) Thread the shrimps and the eggplant slices through each of them, placing them alternatively.
7) Set the kabobs on the grill or barbeque rack.
8) Turn the skewers as required while basting the shrimps and eggplants with some of the marinade.
9) Allow the shrimps to become pink and remove from rack after 4-6 minutes.
10) Serve after adding a garnishing the platter with basil sprigs, lettuce and lemon wedges.