Hot Shrimp In A Pot
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White mushroom||1 Pound, wiped clean, stems trimmed, quartered (Medium Sized)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced for 1/4 inch|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Flat leaf parsley||10 Tablespoon, 1/2 cup, chopped (2 Tablespoons, For Garnish)|
|Kasseri cheese/Other semihard cheese, such as provolone / gruyere / emmental||4 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3) In a large non-stick skillet, saute the mushrooms in half the butter and half olive oil over a medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until softened.
4) Sprinkle with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
5) In the same skillet, saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic in rest of the butter and olive oil over a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
6) Stir in the tomatoes, white wine, honey, oregano, and bay leaf, cook uncovered over a medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Stir in the shrimp and orange zest and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp is thoroughly cooked.
8) Drain the mushrooms and stir into the shrimp along with 1/2 cup parsley. Discard the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9) On a baking sheet, place six 8 oz ramekins, spoon in the shrimp mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
11) Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.