|Jumbo shrimp||2 Pound, unpeeled|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound, strings removed|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 , cut into flowerets|
|Broccoli head||1⁄2 , cut into flowerets|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, cleaned and sliced|
|Bok choy||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Red peppers||3 , seeded and cut into thin strips|
|Japanese rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Lemon/Orange juice of same quantity||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1) In a small bowl,mix together all the ingredients for the dressing.Keep the dressing aside for use.
2) In a large kettle of rapidly boiling salted water,add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimps turn pink.
3) Drain and run them under cold water to cool.
4) Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail attached if possible. Chill.
5) Use separate pots of boiling water to blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds, the carrots 3 minutes, the cauliflower 4 minutes, and the broccoli 4 minutes.
6) With the help of a slotted spoon or Chinese strainer and put them in ice w ater so as to stop cooking.
7) Drain and put aside. The vegetables should still be tender yet should retain the crunchy taste.
8) In a large bowl combine the shrimps, cooked vegetables, mushrooms, cabbage, and red peppers.
9)Pour on dressing over the mixture, toss well to combine and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Calories 1202 Calories from Fat 843
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.7%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg114.9%
Sodium 853 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.8%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 288.8% Vitamin C 412.4%
Calcium 31% Iron 52.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet