Jumbo Shrimp Ragout
|Spanish olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Escarole leaves||24 , rinsed well, cut crosswise into 1 inch strips|
|Stuffed spanish manzanilla olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Defatted chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Jumbo shrimp||18 , peeled and deveined|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||8 , seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Thinly sliced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) In a large heavy pot, saute the garlic in the oil over a low heat for 1 minute, until soft.
2) Stir in the escarole and olives, stir continuously and cook for about 1 minute, until the escarole is tender.
3) Stir in the broth and basil, then cook over a low heat for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
4) Toss in the shrimp and tomatoes then cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked.
5) In 6 shallow soup or pasta bowls, equally add the shrimp and spoon over the sauce and vegetables.
6) Garnish with the scallions and serve immediately.