Beer Pickled Shrimp
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 can or bottle)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dill seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaves||2 , halved|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Frozen cooked shrimp||10 Ounce, thawed (1 package, small to medium)|
1. In a saucepan, combine and stir together the beer, oil, lemon juice, sugar, onion, seasonings, herbs and spices.
2. Place on a low medium flame and simmer the liquid for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are tender.
3. Tip in the shrimp into the hot broth and pour into a casserole dish.
4. Cover with lid and refrigerate the shrimp and allow to marinate for 1 day or more.
5. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
6. Drain the marinade.
7. Serve the pickled shrimp in the casserole dish
8. The shrimp and onions taste good over rye bread croutons.