Shrimp Scampi Over Vegetables: Easy Entertaining
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|For the shrimp marinade|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|The topping for the scampi|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Minced garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley leaves||3 Tablespoon, minced (Fresh)|
|Zest of lemon||1 Medium|
|Juice of lemon||1⁄2 Medium|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Panko breadcrumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|French bread||1 (As needed to serve)|
|For the vegetables|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Squash||1 Medium, halved, cut into half moons|
|Fennel bulb||1 Medium, top and end discarded, core removed, cut into thin slices|
|Crimini mushrooms||20 Ounce (Two Bags 10 oz each)|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Two Handfuls)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare all the vegetables, toss them to mix them, place them into the baking dish and set them aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the shrimp and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
4. In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, minced fresh parsley, red pepper ﬂakes, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined.
5. Add an egg yolk and panko breadcrumbs and mix well to combine. Set aside.
6. Place the shrimp along with the marinade over the vegetables.
7. Crumble the butter mixture and dot over the top of the shrimp evenly.
8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in the preheated oven until shrimp are pink and the topping is browned.
9. Serve with crusty French bread.