Shrimp Scampi is so rich and wonderful...But here's a lighter version that's loaded with veggies.
2 Pound, peeled, deveined
For the shrimp marinade
Dry white wine
Freshly ground black pepper
The topping for the scampi
6 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)
4 Clove (20 gm)
Crushed red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoon, minced (Fresh)
Zest of lemon
Juice of lemon
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1 (As needed to serve)
For the vegetables
Red bell pepper
1 Medium, cut into thin strips
1 Medium, halved, cut into half moons
1 Medium, top and end discarded, core removed, cut into thin slices
20 Ounce (Two Bags 10 oz each)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Two Handfuls)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare all the vegetables, toss them to mix them, place them into the baking dish and set them aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the shrimp and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
4. In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, minced fresh parsley, red pepper ﬂakes, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined.
5. Add an egg yolk and panko breadcrumbs and mix well to combine. Set aside.
6. Place the shrimp along with the marinade over the vegetables.
7. Crumble the butter mixture and dot over the top of the shrimp evenly.
8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in the preheated oven until shrimp are pink and the topping is browned.
Looking for an easy shrimp scampi recipe? Then this video is just the thing for you. It is better actually as this video details a recipe that makes the classic healthier than before! Watch to know more.