1)De-vein the shrimps.
2) Slice the shrimp lengthwise in half without cutting the tail.
3) Place a ceramic plate or a skillet on the highest heat setting for 4 minutes.
4) Add oil.
5) Add scallions and fry lightly. Add garlic, tarragon and white vermouth and continue stirring for 1 minute till cooked or slightly sauteed.
6) Add the shrimp, and stirr for 3 minutes turning them around.
7) Also turn the ceramic plate one quarter of a round so that the shrimp is cooked eveningly.
8) Sprinkly with salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot.
9) Insert toothpicks to ease picking up the shrimp.
10) Slice lemon wedges and place on the side. A light squeeze of lemon juice may add flavour.