Shrimp And Roasted Peppers
|Large shrimp||1 Pound (18 To 20)|
|Sweet red peppers||2|
|Sweet green peppers||2|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , washed (Dried)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Prepared brown mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Pitted ripe olives||8 Large, quartered|
1) Preheat oven to 450F.
2) In a saucepan, heat water to boil and add salt.
3) Place shrimp in water and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
4) Pour of the water, drain, and cool the shrimps slightly.
5) Shell and devein the shrimp and place in refrigerator to chill well.
6) Wash the peppers, remove the seeds and ribs.
7) Cut the peppers into lengthwise strips, 1/4 inch wide.
8) On the cookie sheet, place the peppers in single layer.
9) Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, or until slightly browned.
10) Remove the cookie sheet from oven allow to cool and refrigerate.
11) Cut the tomato into wedges, remove seeds and refrigerate.
12) Place the lettuce in refrigerator until ready to use.
13) In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, place all the dressing ingredients.
14) Put the lid tightly and shake well.
15) Place the dressing in refrigerator until needed.
16) When ready to serve, line salad bowl with half of lettuce.
17) In the same bowl, lightly shred the rest of lettuce.
18) Place the shrimps and peppers alternately over the lettuce.
19) Dredge the lettuce with olives and tomato wedges.
20) Shake dressing jar well and stream over salad, and toss well.
21) Serve the Shrimp and Roasted Peppers cold.