Pickled Shrimp With Onion
|Shrimp||2 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Celery tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed pickling spice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|White vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Capers and juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||7 Drop|
1) In a pan, pour boiling water over the shrimps, then add the spices, salt and celery.
2) Cook gently, then peel and devein the shrimp.
3) In a shallow bowl, place the shrimp alternately with the sliced onion and then place the leaves.
4) Mix rest of the ingredients together, pour over the shrimp and refrigerate for minimum 24 hours.
5) Spoon on small individual dishes and serve on a relish tray or speared on wooden picks.