|Shelled jumbo shrimp||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
2) Take a large skillet, heat oil and saute onion until soft but not browned.
3) Stir in garlic and shrimp, saute for a few minutes, and then pour in wine and tomatoes.
4) Sprinkle salt and freshly grounded pepper and let the mixture boil.
5) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
6) Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir the mixture in the sauce.
7) Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
8) Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley.
9) Serve with buttered green beans or with cooked rice.