|Peeled shrimps||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
1. Let the oven heat to 300°F (150°C/Gas 2).
2. In a shallow baking dish place the shrimps and sprinkle over the spices, salt and pepper.
3. Melt 50 g (2 oz) of the butter in a small saucepan and pour over the shrimps.
4. Let it bake for 10—15 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven.
6. Stir well and divide the shrimps between 4 ramekins or individual dishes.
7. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
8. Make clarified butter with the remaining 100 g (4 oz) butter.
9. Pour over the shrimps and leave for 1/2—3/4 hour to set in the refrigerator.
10. In a saucepan place the required amount of butter.
11. Heat slowly and remove the scum as it rises.
12. When the butter is quite clear, pour immediately over the shrimps or whatever is being potted.