|Shelled cooked shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1 1⁄2|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cooked peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Take a deep skillet and heat some oil. Add the rice and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the bouillon cubes in boiling water and add in the pan.
3. Let it boil and simmer the rice for 25 minutes to make it tender. Make sure that the rice absorbs all the liquid.
4. In a saucepan, melt some butter with flour and cook for 2 minutes to make roux.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly mix the milk to make it smooth.
6. Reheat the sauce while stirring all the time, till the sauce becomes thick.
7. Cook gently for additional 2 minutes and add some peas, shrimp, and corn.
8. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Heat this mixture on low heat but do not boil.
10. Brush some butter in the ring mold and wrap the rice into it.
11. Let the rice set and then unmold the ring properly on a serving plate.
12. Fill in the shrimp mixture in the center and add some extra sauce on the top of the rice.
13. Use parsley and lemon wedges for garnishing and serve the rice ring on its own or with a green salad.