Shrimp Athenian Shore Style
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned italian peeled plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw shrimp||18 Medium, peeled, and deveined|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce|
1) In oil, sauté the onions and garlic till the onion has turned transparent gold.
2) Add the tomatoes and gently cook over low flame for about 15 minutes.
3) Add the shrimp and continue cooking for another 10 minutes over medium flame, till the shrimps have not cooked properly.
4) Add the oregano, sherry, parsley, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of Feta cheese.
5) Continue to cook till the shrimp has cooked completely and the cheese has melted and has been thoroughly absorbed in the sauce.
6) Onto a warm plate, turn out the cooked sauce and shrimp and sprinkle the remaining Feta cheese pieces all over the dish.
7) For about a minute, put the preparation under broiler but be careful that it should not be overdone. The cheese, which is ideally suppose to appear on the dish in small lumps will dissolve completely if it gets too hot.
8) Serve hot.
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.5 mg73.8%
Sodium 918.6 mg38.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet