Great Balls Of Fire Shrimp
|Peeled deveined shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen, Jumbo Sized)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Thaw frozen shrimp.
2. Squeeze lemon juice and grate the lemon rind.
3. Take a 1 quart sauce pan and prepare the marinade mixture by mixing lemon juice, grated lemon rind, margarine or butter, mustard, ginger, garlic, bay leaves, pepper, red pepper and salt.
4. Prepare the marinade by cooking over medium to low heat, allowing butter to melt completely.
5. Remove from fire and Cool the mixture.
6. In a shallow dish, keep a plastic bag and place shrimp into it.
7. Pour the marinade over shrimp and close bag.
8. Keep the bag in the refrigerator to be marinated for 2 to 24 hours.
9. While marinating, turn the bag occasionally for even distribution of marinade.
10. Take six 12 inch skewers and arrange the shrimps with space in between.
11. On a lightly greased cooking grid, arrange the kebabs.
12. On medium coals, grill covered for 8 to 10 minutes till shrimp turns pinkish in color.
13. Turn the shrimp halfway through grilling so that both sides are cooked.
14. Serve hot.