Shrimp Vegetable Dinner
|Canned chicken broth||41 1⁄4 Ounce (3 Cans, 13 3/4 Ounce Each, Not Condensed)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen shelled shrimp/Fresh shelled shrimp||1 Pound, thawed|
|Small fresh spinach leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs) (With Stems Removed)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
1. In a large saucepan or stock pot, combine chicken broth and ginger.
2. Combine chicken broth and ginger in an electric skillet.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a steel colander or in a wire mesh sieve.
5. Immerse the colander into the boiling broth to blanch prawns and vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes. You can do this in batches if you do not have a large colander.
6. Remove colander draining broth in the pot and emptying prawns and vegetables into a bowl
7. Blanch the remaining shrimp and vegetables.
8. Serve the blanched prawns and vegetables with rice or noodles.
9. Pour broth into cups to serve as an appetizer.
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg76.6%
Sodium 402.8 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 84.8% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet