Shrimp Vegetable Dinner
|Canned chicken broth||41 1⁄4 Ounce (3 Cans, 13 3/4 Ounce Each, Not Condensed)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen shelled shrimp/Fresh shelled shrimp||1 Pound, thawed|
|Small fresh spinach leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs) (With Stems Removed)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
1. In a large saucepan or stock pot, combine chicken broth and ginger.
2. Combine chicken broth and ginger in an electric skillet.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a steel colander or in a wire mesh sieve.
5. Immerse the colander into the boiling broth to blanch prawns and vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes. You can do this in batches if you do not have a large colander.
6. Remove colander draining broth in the pot and emptying prawns and vegetables into a bowl
7. Blanch the remaining shrimp and vegetables.
8. Serve the blanched prawns and vegetables with rice or noodles.
9. Pour broth into cups to serve as an appetizer.