Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
|Shrimp||1 Pound, deveined and peeled|
|Carrot||2 , chopped into 3 or 4 pieces|
|Celery stalk||2 , chopped into 3 or 4 pieces|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs) (10 - 12 cups as needed)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. To make the court bouillon, In a large pot add all the ingredients except the shrimp. Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 30 minutes with the lid ajar.
2. Strain the vegetables out of the broth and return the liquid back in to the pot.
3. Add in the shrimp and allow to poach in the liquid, it will not take more than a minute or two to cook.
4. Remove from the poaching liquid and place in the freezer to stop the cooking process. Repeat with all the shrimps.
5. Serve the shrimp on a platter accompanied with a cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
You can freeze the court bouillon for later use.
Don't forget to keep a bowl along with your shrimp to put the tails in.
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 307 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 120.7% Vitamin C 35.1%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet