Spicy Shrimp On Zucchini Nests
|Unpeeled zucchini||2 Large, shredded|
|Yellow squash||2 Large, shredded (Unpeeled)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seasoned dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Layer the shredded zucchini and yellow squash in a colander, sprinkling it with the salt as you put it in. Set the colander in the sink to drain while you prepare the shrimp.
2. Shell and devein the shrimp.
3. Rinse the squash and drain well.
4. In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil with 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add the shredded squash and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just limp, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the black pepper. Remove the squash to a bowl and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
5. In the same skillet, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon oil with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and shrimp, and stir-fry until the shrimp are just beginning to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the broth, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and parsley (if using), and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute.
7. To serve, use a slotted spoon to transfer some of the squash to a dinner plate and top the squash "nest" with some of the shrimp.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2122 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g151.7%
Saturated Fat 37.1 g185.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 818.7 mg272.9%
Sodium 3402 mg141.8%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 52.9 g211.5%
Sugars 100 g
Protein 158 g316.6%
Vitamin A 78.2% Vitamin C 157.6%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 83.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet