|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||9 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole scallions||2 , chopped|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Oriental sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (dark)|
1. In a small bowl, combine the sherry, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch; stir to blend in the cornstarch. Set the seasoning sauce aside.
2. Using a small pair of scissors, cut the shell along the back of shrimp, cutting into the shrimp about halfway through. Do not remove the shell. Remove the vein with the nose of the scissors and pull off the legs. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, drain in a colander, and pat dry.
3. Preheat a skillet over high heat. Add 2 1/2 tablespoons of the oil, then add the shrimp and stir-fry until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. They will be charred and deep orange in color. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl or plate.
4. Return the skillet to high heat and add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir the seasoning sauce to recombine and add it all at once to the skillet, stirring until the sauce thickens slightly.
5. Return the shrimp to the skillet and stir until they are evenly coated with the sauce. Remove from the heat and swirl in the sesame oil. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1091 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.4 mg229.8%
Sodium 1711.7 mg71.3%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 95 g190%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 66.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet