Mrs Reardy's Shrimp and Artichoke Casserole
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, unshelled|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced to make 1 1/4 cups|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce, thawed and well drained (1 Package)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Assemble the mise en place trays. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
2. In a pan of rapidly boiling salted water, cook the shrimp for 3 minutes or until just opaque. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Peel and devein. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt 4 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour until blended. Gradually whisk in the milk and cream, and cook, whisking constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sauce is thick and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a small saute pan, melt the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Remove from the heat.
5. Arrange the artichokes in the bottom of the prepared casserole. Scatter the shrimp over the artichokes. Spoon the mushrooms over the shrimp and artichokes.
6. Add the sherry and Worcestershire sauce to the cream sauce. Pour over the shrimp and artichokes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and dust with paprika.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve hot.
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201 mg67%
Sodium 416 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 21 g42.9%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet