Sweet and Pungent Shrimp
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple chunks||2 Can (20 oz) (Or 1 No. 2 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, cooked and cleaned|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, vinegar, soy sauce and the drained juice from pineapple in a saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Add green pepper, onion, and pineapple chunks. Simmer about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Add shrimp. Cover with vac-control valve closed and let stand 10 minutes.
4. Just before serving, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Serve with hot cooked rice.