Gon-Bow Shrimp mlShrimp with Hot Sauceml
|Shrimp||3⁄4 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||6 , thinly sliced|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Drop|
|Hot chili sauce||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Wipe the shrimp with paper tower to dry thoroughly. Sprinkle with 1 tsp (5 ml) salt. In a shallow dish, combine egg white and shrimp.
2. Combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Sprinkle over shrimp and toss to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. In a wok, heat oil. Deep-fry shrimp a few at a time, about 2 minutes, until golden brown. With a slotted spoon remove and drain on paper towel.
4. Pour all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil out of wok. Add green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Stir in sugar, hot pepper sauce and shrimp. Toss all together. Serve immediately with hot chili sauce.