Spicy Sweet Grilled Shrimp
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 tsp crushed, dried chili peppers
40 large shrimp, shelled and deveined (2 lbs/1 kg)
1/4 tsp salt
10 12-inch (30-cm) wooden skewers
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. In a small saucepan, combine jelly, garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire, jalapeno and chilies.
3. Cook mixture over medium heat, until jelly melts, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Thread four shrimp on each wet, wooden skewer (shrimp should lay flat). Brush both sides of shrimp liberally with jelly mixture and place on tray. Allow shrimp to marinate for 1/2 hour. Before grilling, sprinkle with salt.
5. Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side, brushing on more of the jelly mixture before turning.
6. Serve hot on skewers, with remaining sauce.