Homemade Kung Pao Shrimp
|Shrimps||1 Pound, cleaned and head removed|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Roasted peanuts||2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut in half inch lengths|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Make the Kung Pao sauce by first diluting the cornstarch in 4 tbsp water then combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and the diluted cornstarch. Mix well then set aside.
2. Heat a wok then pour-in cooking oil.
3. When the oil is hot enough, add-in the garlic and ginger then stir fry until the color turns medium brown. The aroma should indicate that the next ingredients need to be added.
4. Put-in the dried chilies, bell pepper, and onion and stir fry for 2 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are done.
5. Add the peanuts and stir-fry for a minute.
6. Put-in the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Pour-in the Kung Pao sauce and stir. Make sure that all the ingredients are coated with sauce.
8. Add the green onions, turn off the heat, and transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!