Bacon Wrapped Shrimp With Passion Fruit Mustard
|Passion fruit juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thai red chilies||1 , halved lengthwise|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thai green chilies||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||8 Large, shelled and deveined with tails left on|
|Lean bacon slices||8 (Thin)|
|Hass avocado||1 , quartered and thinly sliced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a small saucepan, boil the passion fruit juice with the red chile until reduced to 1/4 cup. about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, toast the cumin seeds over moderate heat until fragrant. Add the honey and green chile and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain the honey and stir in 1 teaspoon of the water.
3. In a bowl, blend the dry mustard with the remaining 2 teaspoons of water; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the Dijon mustard. Strain the reduced passion fruit juice into the mustard and season with salt.
4. Light a grill. Wrap each shrimp in bacon. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until the bacon is lightly charred and the shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes.
5. Fan the avocado slices on each plate and top with the shrimp. Spoon the mustard around the shrimp, then spoon the honey around the mustard. Drizzle with oil; garnish with passion fruit seeds and cilantro.