This is tasty dish with achiote shrimp and black beans with feta cheese. This dish has a great earthy taste you’re going to love.
For the shrimp
2 Pound, medium, deveined
Achiote red paste
3 1⁄2 Ounce
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
For black beans
1 Pound, soaked overnight (or canned)
1⁄2 , chopped
3 Clove (15 gm)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled (as required)
1. SHRIMP: In a blender pour the orange juice, lime juice and add the achiote paste. Blend till smooth.
2. Heat a pan on medium high heat. Put the shrimps and pour the achiote mixture.
3. Cook for around 5 minutes or till the shrimp is done. Remove from the heat.
4. BLACK BEANS: In a pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add the onions and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Pour the lime juice and continue to saute till the onions are translucent.
5. Add the black beans and stir till all are mixed. Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the shrimp hot with the black beans garnished with feta cheese.