Basic Stir Fried Shrimp
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh root ginger||2 Slices|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Combine cornstarch, sherry and salt; add to shrimp and toss to coat.
2. Slice or dice vegetables. Crush garlic. Mince ginger root. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Brown garlic lightly. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Then add vegetables; and stir-fry briefly to coat with oil.
5. Stir in and heat stock quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until nearly done.
6. Return shrimp, stir-frying to reheat. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.