Stir Fried Shrimp With Cucumbers And Onions
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slices||2|
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; then add cornstarch and toss to coat.
2. Peel cucumbers. Cut lengthwise in half and seed; then cut crosswise in Y4-inch slices. Slice onion thin. Crush garlic. Mince ginger root.
3. Heat oil. Add garlic; stir-fry a few times. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent (1 to 2 minutes).
4. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink (2 to 3 minutes). Add sherry; stir-fry until it evaporates. Remove ingredients from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, then minced ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add cucumber slices and stir-fry over medium heat until translucent (1 to 2 minutes).
6. Return shrimp, stir-frying only to reheat.