Pan Fried Bacon Wrapped Butterfly Shrimp
|Large shrimp||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact. Cut bacon strips in 1/2-inch sections. Slice onion thin. Crush garlic.
2. Beat eggs. Then add flour and beat with a wire whisk until batter thickens. (It should not be runny: if it is, add more flour.) Dip bacon in batter, 1 section at a time, and place on the flattened surface of each shrimp.
3. In one cup, combine catsup, Worcestershire Sauce, sugar, pepper and water. In another cup, blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add shrimp, bacon-side down, and pan-fry 2 minutes over medium heat. Cover and cook another 1/2 minute. Turn shrimp over and pan-fry 2 minutes more. Remove and drain shrimp on paper toweling.
5. Add onion slices and stir-fry until softened and translucent; then drain. Arrange on a serving dish with shrimp on top. Keep warm.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add salt and crushed garlic; stir-fry to brown lightly. Add catsup mixture and bring to a boil, stirring.
7. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Spoon sauce over shrimp and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1543 Calories from Fat 409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1124.2 mg374.7%
Sodium 3280.8 mg136.7%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 75.9 g
Protein 120 g240.9%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 77.8%
Calcium 42.3% Iron 101.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet