Deep Fried Shrimp With Vegetables
|Shrimp||1 Pound (Deep Fried)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger root slice||2|
|Leek stalk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1 Deep-fry shrimp as in Basic Deep-fried Shrimp.
2 Dice carrots and parboil. Dice bamboo shoots. Slice ginger root and leek.
3. In one cup, combine sugar, catsup, sherry, soy sauce and vinegar. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then ginger root and leek; stir-fry a few times.
5. Add carrots and bamboo shoots and stir-fry briefly to heat through.
6. Add sugar-catsup mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes more to heat and blend.
7. Stir in deep-fried shrimp only to reheat. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.