Stir Fried Shrimp N Shells
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh root ginger slice||2|
1. Wash shrimp. Remove legs, leaving shells intact; then devein (If large, cut each shrimp, shell and all, in 2 or 3 pieces.) Cut scallion in 1/2 inch sections. Crush garlic; mince ginger root.
2. In one cup, combine catsup, sherry and water. In a second cup, blend cornstarch, sugar, pepper and remaining cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic; stir-fry to brown lightly. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger root and scallion; stir-fry a few times. Stir in catsup-sherry mixture and heat quickly.
5. Return shrimp and stir in only to reheat. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.