Fluffy Deep Fried Shrimp Balls
|Leaf lard||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Shell and devein shrimp; then mince with unrendered leaf lard. Knead together in a mixing bowl.
2. Dissolve salt in water and add, along with egg white and flour. Stir mixture by hand in one direction 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Pick up mixture and toss vigorously back into bowl. Repeat several times. (The mixture will now be whitish.)
4. Continue stirring and tossing until mixture is quite stiff and pinkish. (Squeeze a small amount of the mixture into a bowl of cold water. If it holds its shape well and is not sticky, it's ready.)
5. Meanwhile heat oil. Place some shrimp mixture in the palm of the hand; then make a fist and squeeze mixture through the hollow between thumb and index finger, shaping it into as round a ball as possible. Drop shrimp balls carefully into hot oil.
6. Deep-fry a few at a time, as in Basic Deep-fried Shrimp Balls. Then drain on paper toweling and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1157 Calories from Fat 680
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.5%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 710.8 mg236.9%
Sodium 1688.7 mg70.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 97 g193.7%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 64.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet