Deep Fried Shrimp With Bacon
|Large shrimp||1 Pound|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact.
2. Cut bacon strips in l inch sections. Place one section on each shrimp; then re-close shrimp, pressing its edges to seal in bacon.
3. Beat egg; then stir in salt and soy sauce. Holding each shrimp by the tail, dip first in egg mixture, then in cornstarch to dredge lightly.
4. Transfer shrimp to a covered dish and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile heat oil. Then add shrimp, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling and serve at once.