Deep Fried Shrimp With Croutons
|Shrimp||1 Pound, deep fried|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|White bread slice||3|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
1. Deep-fry shrimp as in Basic Deep-fried Shrimp but only for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Remove bread crusts and cut bread in 2-inch cubes (or approximately the size of the shrimp). Slice water chestnuts.
3. In one cup, combine soy sauce, sherry, salt and sugar. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Reheat deep-frying oil. Add bread cubes and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling; arrange on a serving platter.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add water chestnuts; stir-fry a few times. Add deep-fried shrimp; stir-fry 1/2 minute to reheat.
6. Add soy-sherry mixture and bring quickly to a boil. Then simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
7. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Spoon mixture over bread cubes and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1279 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.4 mg229.8%
Sodium 4762 mg198.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 101 g202.6%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 78.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet