Deep Fried Shrimp With Croutons
|Shrimp||1 Pound, deep fried|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|White bread slice||3|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
1. Deep-fry shrimp as in Basic Deep-fried Shrimp but only for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Remove bread crusts and cut bread in 2-inch cubes (or approximately the size of the shrimp). Slice water chestnuts.
3. In one cup, combine soy sauce, sherry, salt and sugar. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Reheat deep-frying oil. Add bread cubes and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling; arrange on a serving platter.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add water chestnuts; stir-fry a few times. Add deep-fried shrimp; stir-fry 1/2 minute to reheat.
6. Add soy-sherry mixture and bring quickly to a boil. Then simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
7. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Spoon mixture over bread cubes and serve at once.