Stir Fried Miniature Shrimp And Vegetables
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Frozen miniature shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1 (As Required)|
|Fresh root ginger slice||1|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned button mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Prepare shrimp as in steps 1 and 2 of Stir-fried Miniature Shrimp.
3. Dice Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots, canned and soaked mushrooms and water chestnuts. Stem and dice snow peas. Crush garlic.
4. Blend cornstarch, water, sugar and pepper to a paste.
5. Heat oil. Add shrimp, stir-fry 2 minutes; then remove from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add garlic; stir-fry to brown lightly. Then add all vegetables, except snow peas, and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
7. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until nearly done (about 2 minutes).
8. Add snow peas and stir in 1/2 minute. Return shrimp; stir in only to reheat (about 1/2 minute more).
9. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.