Basic Deep Fried Shrimp Balls
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Fresh root ginger slice||2|
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Then mince or grind with water chestnuts.
2. Beat egg lightly; mince scallion and ginger root; then add to shrimp mixture along with cornstarch, sherry and salt. Blend to a smooth paste.
3. Shape mixture into walnut-size balls. (To prevent sticking, wet 2
teaspoons in a bowl of cold water; then spoon up a teaspoon of the mixture and toss it between the 2 spoons to form a round, smooth ball.)
4. Meanwhile heat enough oil to float shrimp balls. Add them a few at a time. (Don't crowd: allow room for stirring and for even browning.) Reduce heat to medium and deep-fry, turning shrimp balls occasionally, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling.
5. Repeat process until mixture is used up, reheating oil each time
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1112 Calories from Fat 521
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.3%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 900.9 mg300.3%
Sodium 1858.9 mg77.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 101 g201.2%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 77.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet