Stir Fried Curried Shrimp
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Cut onion in half; then slice thin.
2. Blend cornstarch, water, sugar and pepper to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then shrimp, and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle shrimp with sherry; stir-fry until pinkish (about 1 minute more), then remove. Clean and dry the pan.
4. Add curry powder; stir in 1/2 minute over low heat. Add onion and stir-fry until curry smells pungent (about 1 minute more).
5. Return shrimp. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, stirring, until onion softens.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.