Blackberry and Apple Shortbread
|Apples||8 Ounce, sliced (Peeled, Cored)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Fine semolina||2 Ounce|
1) In a microwavable container, place together the blackberries, apples and sugar.
2) Put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Leave to cool.
4) In a bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
5) Sift together the flour and semolina over the butter mixture.
6) Gently fold the butter mixture until well mixed.
7) Using hands knead lightly to form dough.
8) Divide into two and press each half into an equal sized greased container.
9) Place into the microwave and cook each half for 4 minutes.
10) Slice one circle into 6 segments while still warm.
11) Dredge with caster sugar and allow to cool.
12) Serve hot or cold.
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.8%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 9.2 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 45.7 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 34.1%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet