Spiced Shortbread Cookies
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes)|
|For lemon anise|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed anise seed||1 Teaspoon|
|For orange clove|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crystallized ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, butter, salt and ingredients from one.
3) Beat at medium speed, till well mixed.
4) Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
5) Forming each into a ball and flatten to make a 1-inch thick circle.
6) Wrap in plastic food wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
7) Vertically cut 1/4-inch slices from each portion.
8) Dip 1 side into sugar and arrange on a cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart, placing the sugar side up.
9) Place in oven for 12 to 15 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
10) Serve with hot coffee.