|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a bowl, cream the butter till it gets soft.
3) Add in sugar into the bowl and beat till it gets light and fluffy.
4) Add in flour into the bowl, 1/2 cup at a time. Keep mixing well after each addition.
5) Knead the mixture into a dough. Press it onto a 8X12-inch cookie pan for a 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick cookie pan.
6) Bake for about 30 minutes. When slightly brown on the outside and soft in the centre, the shortbread is done.
7) Score the shortbread when it is still warm and slice when cooled.
8) Serve the Scotch Shortbread with whipped cream on the side, if desired.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.9% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet