Easy Scotch Shortbread
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Stir butter and sugar until light and fluffy. And then add flour. Then, chill for few hours.
2) Now, divide the batter in halves.
3) On an ungreased cookie sheet, place the dough and pat two 7-inch circle and prick them deeply to make 16 pie-shaped wedges or roll dough 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick cookies.
4) Then, make 2x1/2-inch strips or make 1 ¾ inch cookies. And then bake them on ungreased cookie sheet at 300° for about 30 minutes.
5) Let the scotch bread cool a bit and remove it from the pan.
6) Serve the scotch bread with jam or as it is.
Calories 784 Calories from Fat 407
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.4%
Saturated Fat 29 g145.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 7.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.5% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet