Lemon Shortbread Circle
|Lemon||1 , rinded and finely grated|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (plus little extra for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Into a bowl, sift the flour and stir in the lemon rind as well as the sugar.
3) In one piece, add the butter and rub in the flour till the mixture clings together.
4) To a floured surface, transfer the dough and knead till smooth. Cut out an 8-inch circle.
5) On a baking sheet, place the circle, trim and flute the edges and with the prongs of a fork, prick the dough all over.
6) Mark the prepared dough into 8 triangles with the help of a knife.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, till the dough is golden and set.
8) Let he circle cool on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes and then transfer it to a wire rack.
9) Sprinkle caster sugar all over, let the shortbread circle cool completely.
10) If you wish to freeze the preparation, pack it in a rigid container, seal, label and store in the freezer.
11) To serve the shortbread circle without freezing, place it on a serving plate and serve as a tea/coffee accompaniment at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using a frozen circle, first thaw it at room temperature for 2 hours and then serve.