|Butter||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Cornflour||4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
1. Into a bowl, sieve the flour and cornflour.
2. Preheat the oven using conventional top and bottom heat, to 375 degree F
3. Grease shallow baking pan or flan tin.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
5. Add the sugar and beat until the well blended with the butter.
6. Work in the flour mixture to make a stiff dough.
7. Turn into the tin and press to make an even layer.
8. Use a fork to prick the dough all over to prevent it from bubbling when baking.
9. Bake until the shortbread is lightly golden brown, dry and firm.
10. Remove from the oven and cut into squares then leave to cool slightly.
11. Serve with tea topped with preserves if you like.